Monday, March 26, 2012

Playing hooky

Last week my husband had to make a trip to Pensacola and asked me if I wanted to go with him. I did, but I was concerned about not making it home before the kids got out of school. After thinking it over for about 30 seconds I decided that we would just take the kids with us. Since they rarely get to miss school they were thrilled to have the day off. While we were in Pensacola my husband asked if anyone wanted to go to the National Naval Aviation Museum. I honestly didn't think the girls would be that into it, but they said they wanted to go. These two clowns had a blast.
  They kept running from one exhibit to the next yelling "Hey mom, take my picture!"


 This one however? She was a bit pouty. 
She's kind of in that 'all I want to do is hole up in my room and play video games' stage. So after having a talk with her and maybe making a few threats....

She finally came around and I was even able to get a rare picture of her smiling.
Pouty spells aside we had a fantastic day and we're already looking forward to our next day of playing hooky. 

1 comment:

Lee-Ann said...

Oh so fun! If we get to a point when my kids don't miss so much school for vacation, snow days, and sick days maybe I'll actually let them play hooky!

Search & Win