Saturday, July 30, 2011

And so it begins.........

This week was kind of bittersweet for me. On Monday I took Sophie to school to sign her up for the bridges program. The bridges program is something our school has set up to for kindergarteners to help prepare them for the transition to school. We found out that she will be having the same teacher that Audrey had last year for first grade. She and Audrey thought this was completely hilarious. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday she went to school for half a day (our kindergarten is full day here) to get a taste of how things would be.
I snapped a picture of her before she left on Monday and all I can say is "Wow!" I cannot get over how much she has grown. She and Audrey now wear the same size in everything except shoes. As excited as I am to see her growing up I am having a really hard time dealing with it. I can't believe this is my baby! She did really well (and so did I. No tears. I swear) and had a great time. She was actually upset when she found out that she has to wait two more weeks for school to officially begin. Personally I'm kind of hoping the next two weeks go by very slowly.

1 comment:

greygillfish said...

She does look so grown up AND ADORABLE! I am hoping the next two weeks go by slowly too. I am not ready for the summer to be over!

Search & Win