Tuesday, October 25, 2011

And so it begins

The other day a friend was telling me about their middle school child and how it appeared that the whole boy crazy thing was starting to take place amongst her and her friends. I just laughed and told her that I was so glad I didn't have to worry about that. Kylie still thinks boys are yucky, Audrey is too shy to even think about having a boyfriend and Sophie, well she's only five. Famous last words. 
A few days later Sophie came home from school bursting with excitement because she was invited to the birthday party of a boy in her class. On the way to the party she told me to make sure to keep the invitation because it had the boys phone number on it. I really didn't think too much about what she said, but then the next day I caught her going through my purse looking for the invitation. The next thing I knew she had her big sister help her call the boy. I could not believe it. My oldest two children won't even speak to boys, yet here she was calling them out of the blue. Then last weekend I took the girls to their schools fall festival. Sophie had not one, but two little boys chasing after her and guess what? Neither one of them was her little friend that she's been calling on the phone. 
I have a feeling the next few years are going to be fun.

1 comment:

greygillfish said...

It's always those last children that give us fits! GTO could care less about girls, but I think my little GiGi may already be boy crazy! UHG!

Search & Win