These past few months have been a bit crazy around here and I've been really neglecting my blog. I keep meaning to post, but then something always, always gets in the way. At one point I even thought of just deleting it all together, but then I remembered the reason I started blogging in the first place. My kids. When I first started this blog I had a precocious five year old, a super shy three year old and an insanely wild one year old. I wanted a place where I could write down what they did whether big or small so I could one day look back and remember it all.
Blogging has not only helped me to remember and keep up with the kids milestones, but it has also given me the opportunity to connect with other moms and for that I am so grateful. So with that being said, I thought I would finally take the time to play catch up with you guys on whats been going on around here.
- House projects~ Our house is a ranch with brick front and siding on the back and sides of it. Back in February I noticed that some of the siding on the back looked really bad. I told my husband we needed to replace it before the weather got too hot and well...as I've mentioned before he's a bit of a procrastinator. Instead of doing the intelligent thing and just replacing the bits that needed replacing we replaced it all. Ourselves. Stupidest thing we've ever done! It has taken forever and it's still not 100% done. What's really bad is I wanted to go with a darker color than the original and I'm truly regretting it because it looks weird now. Live and learn I guess.
- School stuff~ As I mentioned in an earlier post the kids are now out of school. Kylie made straight A's all year and finished the year with over 450 AR points. Audrey made all A's as well and finished out the year with over 100 AR points. Sophie made A's and B's and finished out the year with over 100 AR points. I am really proud of all three girls and am crossing my fingers they can keep up the good work.
- Financial crap~ A few months ago my husband had his work hours cut. On the one hand I was glad because it meant that the kids could actually see him at night before they went to bed. On the other hand I was freaking out because it meant less money. It just so happened that a woman that he works with was needing childcare so I started keeping her child and that has kind of made up for the loss of money. I am glad to have the opportunity to help out and still spend time with my kids, but at the same time I would be lying if I didn't say that there are times when I wish I had not taken this on. The hours are long (12 + hours most days) and I am only charging about 1/2 of what the local daycares charge. I think we are finally starting to get into a little routine though so that helps.
- Family stuff~ The kids, husband and I have been doing well, but there has been a lot of stuff going on with the rest of our family. My father in law has been in out of the hospital a lot lately. My uncle just passed away yesterday from cancer, my aunt is having to get a biopsy tomorrow for a lump that was found on her mammogram and I have this huge fear that something significant is wrong with my younger brother. He's always been slim, but recently he's lost over 30 pounds and he can't keep food down. I'm extremely worried about him, but naturally being a man he's very close mouthed about the whole thing.
- Exercise~ I've kind of gotten into a little routine with my exercise. I wake up at 5:00 (A.M?!?!?!) do the 100 workout and then go ride a few miles on my bike. I have to admit I absolutely hate it. Getting up early stinks, but it's really the only time I have to do it. At one point I had lost a little over 30 pounds, but recently I have gained a few pounds (less than five) back:( I was really hoping to be further along with weight loss by now, but it's hot out and I'm just kind of feeling lazy and burnt out. I have managed to lower my blood pressure to the normal range, but I am still taking the medication for it. I'm hoping that if I can keep doing what I'm doing then I'll be able to quit taking it altogether soon.