Monday, May 16, 2011

It's the end of the world as I know it

Okay so maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen today. It's not really the end of the world, but for me it kind of, sort of feels like it is. In exactly eight days something is going to happen that I thought would never happen and I'm a little freaked out by it. Make that a LOT freaked out by it. On Tuesday I will turn...oh crap I can't even type it out... Argh....Forty. 
There I did it. Go ahead and roll your eyes and shake your head. Really, it's okay I'm sure I would be doing the same thing if someone I knew were being such a big baby about a little ol birthday. As you can see I'm not exactly doing the whole "aging gracefully" thing. No, I tend to fall into the "kicking and screaming" category. As happy as I am to have been given another year of life I really, really don't like that number. 40. Ugh. I'm going to have to go into another category when filling out forms. I'll have to read the last section of those articles in magazines about beauty in your 20's/30's/40's. And God help me when I take my baby to kindergarten in the fall and I'm the oldest mom there. You know the one. The one that all the 20 something moms are glancing at wondering if that's really the kids mom or grandma. Yeah, that's going to be me. So if you should happen to hear loud wailing come from the south this time next week don't worry it's just me mourning the end of my youth. I promise I'll try to keep it down as much as possible.

2 comments:

greygillfish said...

I'll be sure to listen for you next week. I am sure forty will be fabulous for you! Embrace it!

Lee-Ann said...

Awww, Happy Birthday. If it makes you feel any better, I am feeling the same way about turning 30 in July. I can't believe it!

Search & Win