Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I feel a project coming on........

I hope all of you had a fantastic holiday (for those of you that don't celebrate I hope you had an awesome weekend). I'm a little slow getting back into my blogging this week. I've been trying to get my house somewhat in order and with toys for three kids I'm sure you can imagine that it's no easy feat! 
It seems like every year I tend to forget just how small my house is when buying for the kids and end up in a panic trying to figure out where to put everything. Audrey and Sophie received so many bulky items for their dolls that right now about half of it is sitting in the hallway outside their bedroom door. So I've been trying to think of a solution and I think I've found one. This....
 Now my husband loves me a lot, but he kind of balked when I told him how much this bed cost ($1399+$175 for shipping + tax). Also, the bed is currently sold out so even if he was feeling generous he couldn't buy it if he wanted to. So what did I do? Why I found the plans to build one of course! After Audrey looked at him with her big brown eyes and asked him if he would please build her a new bed he couldn't help but agree to do it. Now finding the time to do it is whole 'nother thing. We have another birthday coming up in January (eeek!) and in February Sophie and I will be making a trip to Texas (gulp!) and considering how long it takes us to complete even the simplest of projects I'm just hoping to get it done before the girls start high school. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO cute. Feel free to make an extra one for my daughter. That is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

Search & Win