Friday, December 30, 2011

Strange things are going on around here

Hi everyone! I hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday. Ours was great, but so incredibly busy. It seems like everytime I sat down to start blogging about some of the fun activities we did it was time to go do something else. Things are finally starting to settle down a bit so I'm hoping to ease back into my old routine again. Fingers crossed.
Anyway, a few months ago I posted about my kids ghost hunting expedition.  I thought their little exploit was kind of funny, but I swear I'm beginning to wonder if the little monkeys may have been onto something. We've had a few odd incidents around here lately that have me scratching my head. 
First we have the missing items. We've always had things go missing around here, I think that's pretty common in most families. Lately though it's just been happening at an insane rate. I'm one of those 'a place for everything, everything in it's place' type people so it's been killing me. This has been annoying, but not too terribly freaky. 
Weird thing number two though? Yeah, it's freaky. The kids all got simple point and shoot cameras for Christmas. Like most kids they have been taking pictures of random, weird stuff. I was looking at Kylie's pictures and ran across this one:
 A picture of the kids coats, big deal right? Uh, yeah it kind of is. These are the kids coats from last year and are not the ones Kylie took a picture of. The one on the far left is Kylie's and is hanging in the back of her closet. The two smaller ones on the right are folded up on a shelf in the laundry room waiting for me to donate them. Now, how did they end up in the picture? I know the kids didn't switch them out because I was in the room when the picture was taken! This is a picture that I took of the coats that are hanging up right now:
 Obviously they are completely different. Oh, and just for the heck of it here's a picture I found on my blog of the old coats (no clue why I had a picture of them) from last year:
See how the coats are in the exact same position? These were taken months apart and with different cameras by different people. FREAKY!
And for weird happening number three. I finally got a new cell phone. Nothing fancy (I promise I'm probably still a good 5-10 years behind you guys on electronics). Last night I was sitting in bed reading a book and Sophie crawled into bed next to me, everyone else in the house was in their bed asleep. I heard a noise and Sophie turned to me and said, "mom, your phone is ringing. Before I got to it, it stopped and then started ringing again. When I got it out of my purse it had already quit ringing so I checked to see who called. Umm, the number both times was (cue twilight music) from my house! Seriously the freakiest thing ever! So there you have it. Weird things going on aplenty.

2 comments:

Lee-Ann said...

Yikes those things are weird and would totally creep me out! Happy New Year!

greygillfish said...

OMG! I think you need to move. :)

Happy New Year!

Search & Win