Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Houston we have a problem

I just realized that next week is Thanksgiving. This is a bit of a problem for me because as a general rule that is the day that we put up our Christmas tree. Why is this a problem you might ask? Well the problem is that I have no where to put the tree. We've pretty much always had a problem with the tree placement because our home is so small. In the past we would move the bookshelf to the utility room and put the tree in the corner. This year we can't do that because I got rid of the bookshelf and entertainment center and had some built ins made in that corner. I love having the built in, but it made situating the furniture kind of hard. 
 Please ignore the ugly television and lack of decorating.
 See the problem? I *think* I would like to put it where that ugly monstrosity chair is, but then what would I do with the chair? I would love to just get rid of it, but then when we have company that would be one less place for them to sit. 
 I thought about putting it where that table is on the back wall, but then it would pretty much be right in your face when walking into the front door and I could just see my kids stepping on presents. So that's out. 
 Then there is this corner to the right of the door when you walk in that I could probably use, but it would require me moving the sofa. Again, where would I put it? 
I told my husband that we needed to suck it up and just buy a bigger house, but then he reminded me that we would have to sell ours first and the likelihood of it selling before Christmas (of this year anyway) would fall somewhere in the slim to none category. So if any of you have suggestions please let me know. 

2 comments:

greygillfish said...

I think moving the chair and placing the tree by the window would look beautiful. Can you put the chair in the garage? We used to have the same problem at our old house. We always had to move furniture around. It is a pain, but WORTH it. :)

Lana said...

I'm kind of thinking that would be the best place for it too. I might try to catch my brother and see if I can get him to take the chair to his house. He is single, but has this ginormous house and half of the rooms are empty. I'm kind of sort of hoping that he'll do that and fall in love with it and decide to keep it, lol.

Search & Win