Friday, November 19, 2010

Open Letter Friday

Being the dork I am I often compose little letters in my head to companies, annoying people, etc. I thought I would start sharing them with you guys (I know, I know you're thrilled right?) on Fridays. If you would like to add  yours you are more than welcome to either include it in the comment section or if I can ever remember how to do the McLinky thing then I'll include a link up at the bottom of the post. Happy Friday!
Dear Mediacom,
I have been a customer of yours for quite a few years now, but I think we may soon be parting ways. Lately having phone/internet/cable service with your company seems to be a hit or miss thing. I suppose it wouldn't be such a bad thing if the service were FREE or even reasonably priced, but it's not. It also wouldn't bother me so much if when calling customer service I actually received customer service. Novel concept, huh? As it stands now when I call your customer nonservice line I have to push approximately thirty nine different numbers only to find myself talking to someone from India. Not that I mind talking to people from India, but if I'm calling in reference to an outage in my area they really can't help me all that much. 
Another thing that has been bothering me is your service technicians. The guy you sent out last Saturday? He was especially awesome. He took one look at the cable box and said, "it's just a glitch, sometimes that happens." Really? Is that a technical term there buddy? Hmm, a glitch is why my screen keeps going black during shows? Well, if it's just a glitch then I suppose I better deal with it since there's obviously no known cure for glitches. Oh, and when he walked into my bedroom to look at my computer and saw my child sleeping in my bed and made the comment about how his wife just lays around in bed all day and how it must be so nice while looking at me and implying that's all I do? Not a good move. Then when I said something about my internet service being spotty at times and he turned to my husband and said, "Yeah, my old lady gets cranky when she doesn't get her internet too." another not so good move.  I was hoping that the next person you sent out on Wednesday would be better since we specifically requested to not have the last guy, but alas I was disappointed again. This one left us with one channel. Did you get that? ONE FREAKING CHANNEL! A really stellar one at that that featured nothing but bow hunting shows. I thought he would fix it before he left, but he informed me that he didn't have time to wait around for the problem to be fixed. 
So I think I may take the advice of both technicians and call Direct TV and make the switch. I would like to say it's been nice doing business with you, but obviously it hasn't been. 
Sincerely,
The lazy old lady that lies around in bed all day doing nothing

No comments:

Search & Win