Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Swimming in molasses

I feel like I have been slogging through this week and getting nothing accomplished. I was hoping to post pictures of the girls new bed earlier this week, but then as I was holding a piece of the molding in place while waiting for my husband to nail it it slipped. This would not have been so bad, but it had liquid nail on the back of it so we ended up with liquid nail all over my pretty paint job. That of course meant sanding and repainting because that junk does not just wipe off. Then I realized that the back rail was on backwards. Not a big deal as far as safety goes, but once I realized it it began to bug me because it just looked so wrong. So today I've made him take it off and redo it. Crossing my fingers to have it all completely finished this week.
Then the dreaded school projects. I know I've said it a million times on here, but I truly despise school projects. I know it's supposed to be a great learning experience, blah blah blah.... but I can't stand them. Kylie had two to do and Audrey had one so we've been busy every night lately working one project or another. *Hopefully* we're done for now. 
And of course my kids are sick. Nothing major just sinus issues from all the pollen. Yes, that's right pollen. In January. While many of you are stuck indoors because of all the snow my kids have been playing in the backyard developing seasonal allergies. The really awesome thing? It's supposed to get down in the 20's tonight. Our weather is so weird and unpredictable. 
On a more positive note, Duke plays tonight, Yankee candle just sent me a catalog with some new fragrances and I bought a $20 amazon gift card for $10. If any of you are interested in the gift card thing it's through living social.  

4 comments:

The Planet Pink said...

I am SO glad that thus far we have avoided school projects. I know they will be the bane of my existence. Can't wait to see the bed! Sucks about the liquid nail junk though.

greygillfish said...

I still can't wait to see the bed.

School projects are killing me too! I am so tired of them. This months project is on killer whales. (GTO's animal choice) The oral report and 3D diorama are due on Tuesday.

greygillfish said...

oh yeah, and I picked GTO up from school today with a fever. He NEVER gets sick, but there is a lot going around the schools here. I hope your girls stay well.

Unknown said...

Loved that amazon deal!! And I hate that you had all that trouble but the room is going to look amazing...can't wait to see it! Oh and I also hate school projects...hard when you homeschool to avoid them though ;)

Search & Win