Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Has the world gone crazy?

As a general rule I try not to watch the news too much because it gets me depressed. Unfortunately this week I broke that rule and it has come to my attention that the world has gone nuts. Don't believe me? Let me give ya some examples:
  • Chris Brown~ I think it's safe to say that everyone remembers what happened between him and Rhianna. You know what he refers to as a "mishap".  A few months ago he goes on his twitter account and makes fun of someone that was molested. Disgusting. Then earlier this week he breaks a window at the ABC studio because he was angry that he was asked about what happened with Rhianna in an interview. Did ABC file charges? Of course not.
  • Charlie Sheen~Words just escape me. I cannot believe that this is the same guy that I had plastered all over my bedroom walls growing up. Talk about a letdown. Is he suffering from his behavior? Of course not. His "shows" are selling out and now it looks like he's going to go back to his television show like nothing happened.
  • Gilbert Gottfried~ Idiot, idiot, idiot. Making fun of the tragedy in Japan on twitter? So wrong. Thank you Aflac for nipping this one in the bud.
  • Steve Giardini~ Yes, I realize that most likely none of you have ever heard of this guy so let me tell you a little about him. He was one of our assistant district attorneys. He specialized in prosecuting sex crimes against children. Guess what he's been arrested for? Enticing a child under the age of 16 and soliciting obscene material. Nice huh?
The thing that just absolutely kills me about each and every one of these instances is that people are defending these degenerates. Why? I just honestly don't understand. Has our society fallen so far that we think it's okay to do these things? I totally understand giving people second chances, but this is just insane. 

No comments:

Search & Win