Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend recap-shots, bikes, and other stuff

Is it really Monday already? This weekend kind of flew by for me, but it was such a great one I really can't complain. Friday was kind of a bittersweet day for me because I had to take my baby big girl in to get the last of her immunizations for school.
Still my baby.
 I cannot believe that in just a few short months my house is going to be empty of children from 7:30-3:30! I'm trying really hard not to think about it though. Anyway, Sophie did fantastic with her shots, not one single tear was shed. She's so funny, if I tell her she's going to have to take medicine she goes into meltdown mode. If I tell her she's going to get a shot, she's fine. Weird huh? 
Saturday was kind of busy. My husband actually had the entire weekend off so we tried to make the most of it. We took the girls to the library, then mom did a little shopping, then we stopped for lunch, and then we went to the movies to see Hop. To be quite honest I really didn't think I would like the movie, but it turned out to be surprisingly good. One thing that I really liked about it was there was no romantic storyline involved.  My kids always complain about "mushy stuff" in the movies so they were pretty happy too.
     On Sunday we decided to just hang out at home and be lazy bums all day. I'm really good at lazy so that worked out great for me. Audrey decided that she was tired of not knowing how to ride a two wheeler so she had her dad remove the stabilizers from her bike. After trying for several hours she finally was able to ride a few feet. I think with a little practice she'll gain some confidence and realize that she really can do it and will be riding all over the place.
I hope all of you had a nice, relaxing weekend too and here's wishing us all a great week ahead!

1 comment:

greygillfish said...

The weekend did fly by. I need a lazy Sunday...sounds so good!

Search & Win