Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mommy's dirty little secret

Yesterday I finally decided to stop procrastinating and start doing some spring cleaning. I started in Sophie and Audrey's room, in particular their closet. Since we do not have much space in our house and no extra room for a playroom, most of their toys reside in baskets on the floor and shelves of their closets. To say it was a mess is putting it lightly.

Gah! I can't believe I posted those! Now anyone that knows me will tell you that I'm a pain in the butt when it comes to my house. I cannot stand to have anything out of place, but my closets? Well, let's just say over the past few years I've obviously lowered my standards. A lot. After hearing my friends talk about all the spring cleaning they've done and reading magazine articles and blog posts touting the wonders of a good spring cleaning I finally decided to get off my lazy behind and do something. So yesterday I got to work. I bagged a ton of old toys and clothes to donate, threw away tons of junk and moved some things that didn't didn't even belong in the girls closet to their proper spots. It's still pretty crowded in there, but not quite as bad. 



 I've still got to make a few labels for the baskets. I'm desperately hoping that will help the girls put their things in the proper spot. Wishful thinking I'm sure. And yes, I realize I really need to break out the cleaner and clean the doors, but for now I'm done. So have any of you ventured into spring cleaning mode? If so please share any advice that you may have.

2 comments:

greygillfish said...

My kids closets are so out of control. Kuddos for posting pictures. Trust me, I don't have the nerve to post pics of my closets. I need organizational help. Care to drive to OK to help me?

I bet you woke up feeling so much better since the clutter is gone. :)

Lana said...

I'm sure yours can't be anywhere near as bad as this one was. I already told the girls that when the next consignment sale rolls around I'm going to put a lot of toys in it.

Search & Win