Thursday, May 27, 2010

School is Out

Wednesday was the girls final day of school. I'm ready for them to go back. Seriously. Not only am I ready for them to go back, I'm ready for them to take their little sister with them. You see today was not a good day. At all. Kylie and Audrey normally have to be forced out of bed every morning for school. Oh, but not today. Today they were both up bright and early and ready to go. I woke up to the sounds of the wii (big no-no, they're supposed to ask permission to play), the whines of "I'm hungry!" and a disgustingly messy house. Husband was home yesterday and he was 'supposed' to clean the kitchen, yet this morning there were dishes all over the place. As I've mentioned many times on my blog I am a tiny bit crazy when it comes to keeping my house neat and clean. It's not the nicest home in the world by any means, it's small and could use a ton of work, but darn it I keep it clean. Obviously we were not off to a good start. I made the kids eat breakfast and then they had to help clean up. After that I had to pick up some medicine for my mom and on the way home I thought I would stop and get the girls some lunch to bring home and eat. That's when things got ugly. Before I go into the ugly details let me give you a little background. I actually started my blog about three years ago. I started it because I honest to God thought I was going to lose my mind dealing with three kids five and under. Sophie was such an incredibly wild child that I rarely ventured out of the house. I promise you this is no exaggeration. I would give husband a grocery list and beg him to go to the supermarket for me so I wouldn't have to go anywhere. The few times I would venture out with the girls it was bad. I mean really bad. The kind of bad where I would call my husband, my mom, basically anyone that would listen and cry for thirty minutes about how I just didn't think I would make it. The kind of bad where little old ladies would come up to me and pat me on the back and say, "Don't worry honey, she'll outgrow it one day." When I would put Sophie in the stroller she would freak out and hang her entire body over the side and try to put her hands in the wheels. She wouldn't let me carry her and putting her in the front of a grocery cart was out of the question because she would try to flip out of it. She did this because she wanted to walk. The problem with letting her walk is that she would not hold my hand and would run off. Oh, and the reason husband didn't help is because he was (is) not home that much. He leaves for work at 7 a.m and doesn't get home until 8:45 p.m and he works a lot of weekends too. So I started my blog to kind of let out some of my frustration (now you know why the title is grammatically incorrect, I couldn't think straight!) and eventually things began to settle down. Since this time Sophie has rarely had one of her crazy fits. Until today. I drove through a drive through and ordered the kids lunch. I told them they could eat it when the got home and they could eat outside and have a picnic. Sophie went nuts. Apparently she wanted me to give her her food right then and there. She kept kicking my seat and screaming at me. Then she did the same thing because I was listening to a song on the radio that she didn't like. We finally make it home and she refuses to get out of the car. It's been in the mid to upper nineties here lately so letting her sit in the car and pout? Not an option. I go to get her and she actually lies down on the front lawn and pitches the biggest fit ever. She eventually gets up and I go inside to give everyone their lunch. She is still carrying on. I give her her food and she tells me she wants to eat inside. Okay fine, eat inside. Then she tells me she wants to eat outside. Fine, I put her food on the patio table and she proceeds to scream at me and sling her plate of food all over the  yard. Umm, not a good move. I had to leave the room so I could calm down. It has been like this off and on all day long. Then she did this:
That would be a tassle she decided to destroy. When I asked her why she told me she couldn't remember. Then she went in Kylie's room and did this:
 
By the way this is after Kylie went behind her and picked up stuff. Then she went in her own room and did this:
You can't see in the picture, but on the other side of the dollhouse there is a huge mound of toys, books and crayons that she dumped out. As you can tell we're not off to a very good start.

1 comment:

The Planet Pink said...

Oh I am so sorry. So so sorry. And I totally feel your pain. There are days that I'm pretty sure are going to end in someone going crazy and that someone being me. Today wasn't a stellar day for us either. You win some, you lose some. I have worked really hard at learning to compartmentalize a bit more and realize that the bad days are NOT a reflection of my parenting or really of my children's ability to behave like normal human beings. They are just simply Bad Days. We all have them. Hang in there. Get some sleep and start fresh tomorrow. Hugs!ll

Search & Win