Thursday, May 20, 2010

We're almost done!

I cannot believe this school year is almost over! The girls have to go half a week next week and they will be done. I am so proud of them for doing so well this year, but at the same time I'm sad to see this year end and know that next year I will be the mom to a first and third grader. Even worse, next year will be the last year that I have a child at home! I am going to cry like a big baby when I send Sophie off to kindergarten. Anyway, I realized a few days ago that I still needed to pick up a little something for the girls bus driver and Audrey's speech teacher. They are both so sweet and take such great care of my babies. So Tuesday Sophie and I went to the mall and tried to find something for them. No luck, just a lot of aggravation. I thought I would make something for them and this is what I came up with: 
I took this picture before I added some loose candy to it, so they weren't really quite so bare when they took them to school. They were really fun to make and I hope that they like them (and that they're not on a diet).
This week was also my dads birthday so I took the girls to my parents house to visit.
They love their Paw-Paw so much and one of their favorite things to do is pop his suspenders. Even shy Audrey will sneak up on him and pop one and then run off giggling. We had so much fun that I really hated to leave (darn school nights!). And no the blond one is not mine, but I love her like she is.

No comments:

Search & Win