Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's Mommy Day!

I don't really know how it all got started, but a few years ago my kids started this "thing" about having their own day. Basically if I took one of them and did something with just the two of us it was their day. For example in December Kylie and I went to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader, went to lunch at her favorite restaurant and then did a little shopping so that was "Kylie's day"  The kids and I love doing this for obvious reasons. With three children it's hard to squeeze in one on one time. Sure I make a point of spending time with each one of them each night before bed talking about things, but nine times out of ten one of the other two will come into the room with some sort of need or want. With my husbands weird work schedule it's kind of hard planning these special outings but in a way I think that's what makes them so special, the fact that they aren't an everyday occurrence and you never know when one will pop up. Well today my dear friends I have been informed that it is "Mommy's day". Yes, that was literally the first thing out of Sophie's mouth when she woke up this morning. I have no idea what we're going to do, but I'm hoping it involves shopping. I have to say I'm a slight bit leery because she did mention something about McDonald's for lunch which kind of makes me think that she's planning on making this more of a "Sophie day". Guess I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

I need a mommy me, me, and only me day so bad! Hope yours was a good one!

Unknown said...

That is so fun. We occasionally do "date nights" with one on on kiddos...but haven't done it in a few months. Need to pull that back out. They sure love that special time.

Search & Win