Monday, February 28, 2011

So we're a little lazy

I love my husband dearly, but there is one thing that he does that drives me completely insane. He procrastinates. A lot. Even the children tease him about it. If he says that he is going to do something they know that he'll do it, but that it may take a very long time before it gets done. In his defense I have to admit that he does get it honestly. I remember when we first got married his parents were talking about having some work done on their house. They said they were having some repairs done from 'the hurricane'. I looked at my husband and asked him what hurricane and he named some obscure, little hurricane that had blown through 3 years prior. Okay...... Had they been waiting on insurance money before getting started? Nope. Were they waiting to find the right person to do the job? Nope. Were they waiting for a break in their busy schedule (snort)? Nope. They just didn't see the urgency in the situation. Their son I have found, is the same way. I on the other hand am very impatient and when I decide I want something done, I want it done right now. Or so I thought. It has occurred to me recently that procrastination may in fact be contagious. I've noticed lately that I'm getting pretty bad about putting some things off myself. This has really been an upsetting revelation for me so I've decided to do something about some of the things I've been putting off and naturally thought I would share so here goes.
  • Anyone remember this post about texting? I had firmly dug my heels in on this one. Even though I swore almost a year ago that I was going to at least try it I didn't. Until recently. I texted my husband, it took me forever but I did it. Yeah, I still don't see the big deal about it, but hey at least I can say I crossed something off my list. 
  • And what about this one? Well I am proud to say I finally got my hair cut. I know I only wrote that post like two weeks ago, but it had been a year  since my last haircut. Shameful isn't it? 
  • And I know you guys have heard me whine and whine about my ghetto camera. I apparently broke some little something when I dropped it and the battery/memory card compartment wouldn't stay closed. I just put a piece of tape on it and hoped no one would notice when I was taking pictures. Classy right? My husband has been telling me forever to order another one, but I kept putting it off. Why? I dunno. It's not like it's a fancy shmancy one or anything, I just kept putting it off. Well I'm happy to say that I finally went on Amazon and ordered a new one last week. I cannot believe I waited so long to order!
  • And ebay. Gah! I hate ebay. I have had a box big enough to put my entire family in sitting in the middle of my room for weeks  full of things I need to list on ebay. Saturday I finally forced myself to start listing things. Granted I didn't get it all done (I stopped at auction 50 because my kids were complaining that they needed someone to feed them or some such silliness), but it's a start. 
So there you have it, hope for my fellow procrastinators. Now if you'll excuse me I have a messy house to clean. After I take my nap.

No comments:

Search & Win