Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day four of no car

Every Friday night I go online and order pizza and husband will stop on the way  home from work and pick it up.  This past Friday I did so as usual and the girls and I sat and waited.  And waited. And waited.  Finally the phone rings and it is husband. Not good.  He was calling to see if I could come pick him up because the clutch on his car went out. Really not good.  So I load the kids up and we go to get him.  In the dark.  Now anyone that knows me well will tell you this is really not a good thing because I do not drive well in the dark at all.  What can I say, I'm old. Luckily he has the weekend off and Saturday we find out that not only does  he need to get his clutch fixed (replaced?  Heck, I don't know), but he also needs new brakes.  Since it's Easter weekend that means he'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest to get anything done.  Which means that he has to drive my car to work.  The first couple of days weren't so bad, but it is now Thursday and I still do not have my car back.  I'm sure that the good people at Target and Hobby Lobby are getting worried about me.  So far they haven't called to check up on me, but I'm sure that their sales have taken a dive this week.  Luckily we still have online shopping.

No comments:

Search & Win