Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

Today is the fortieth anniversary of earth dayI feel kind of bad because usually the kids are talking about it for weeks ahead of time and we try to do something.  Last year we went walking and picked up trash, separated it and recycled it. This year it kind of snuck up on me though so I really don't have anything planned. I'll probably read them this story tonight at bedtime:
 
 Audrey is a huge Fancy Nancy fan so I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it.  I think I may also plant some seeds in our pitiful  garden with the girls after school today.  I definitely plan on talking to them about how important it is to conserve energy and water.  They have been really horrible lately about leaving every light and electronic device in the house on and letting the water run forever before getting in the shower. I think a little reminder would be a good idea.  Other than that I really don't have anything big planned today. If any of you are interested in ways to conserve energy here is a good  link  that I ran across that has some easy things to do.  Hope everyone has a great day today!
 

No comments:

Search & Win