Monday, August 30, 2010

The weekend recap

As crazy as it sounds I'm kind of glad it's Monday. This weekend was a little on the hectic side and I need my routine back. 
Friday night I did something absolutely horrible. Audrey and I were in the living room dancing to music videos (yeah, I'm pretty horrible, but that's not the horrible thing I'm talking about) and having a good time. Apparently while we were dancing Sophie walked into the room to watch. I had no idea she was there and I turned around and when I did my arm smacked her right across the face. Talk about feeling like the worst mom in the world! I sat and held her while she cried and told me that I was a mean mommy and that I didn't love her. Luckily she was fine, no blood, no bruises, but it scared the hell out of me. Five minutes later she was running around the house and we were best friends again.
Then Saturday I decided to go and price some things for a bathroom project we are about to start. My husband was working, it was raining and I had three kids with me. Can someone reserve my padded room already? 
Sunday I ended up hosting a birthday party. I was talking to my mom on the phone last week and my brother stopped by her house and asked her to ask me if it would be okay if he had a birthday get together at my house for his daughter.  Normally he and his wife throw these huge parties for their daughter, but they are going through a divorce this year so I guess that's off. I didn't mind, just told him to call and give me details. Naturally he never called. The guy is clueless. So yesterday at 2:00 I had a house full of people I didn't even know and only a birthday cake. Good times I tell ya. Luckily though my mom and dad showed up with the rest of the party supplies and everyone ended up having a good time. At least I think this little monkey did.


 Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

4 comments:

The Planet Pink said...

Oh I hate those accidental injuries! Those are the worst! Don't beat yourself up too much, it happens to all of us. And I can't believe you drug all 3 kids to price home improvement stuff!! See me bang my head against the wall now!! LOL You are braver than I!

Karyn Climans said...

I'd be a frazzled mess by Monday if I had a weekend likes yours. I hope your week goes by smoothly!

Unknown said...

Funny! You make me laugh. I can so relate.

Caffeinated Mommy said...

I love your funny quips! I just found your blog and LOVE it! By the way, I did the same exact thing to my 3 year old daughter. I was up early (surprise) doing some yoga (ok, so that really is a suprise b/c I really suck at exercising, especially at home, and before I've had coffee). Anyways, she came quitely downstairs, and this child has never been quiet a day in her life, and I proceeded to swing my leg back and right into her little face. Oh, mommy guilt kicked in full force! Thanks for the post, I feel a bit better now =o)

Search & Win