Friday, September 24, 2010

Guess HGTV will have to find some new design stars

I have come to the conclusion that my husband and I suck at the whole 'cutesy decorating/home repair thing'. It think it's pretty obvious after seeing my hand at arts and crafts that I won't have to worry about people beating down my door for help. And after this latest foray into home improvement (yes, I'm snickering as I type those words because well.... you'll see) I've also come to the conclusion that my husband won't have to worry about people calling on him for his services either. You see several a few weeks ago we decided that after ten years it was time to finally get around to doing some work on one of our bathroomsThe work we were doing should have taken most people a day to complete, a weekend at most. Not us. It's about three weeks into this little project and we've still got work to do. Don't get me wrong, we can actually use the bathroom, but it still needs some things done to it. Like the door needs to be painted, some of walls need to be touched up, and we still need to buy some kind of storage cabinet thingy for the wall. That's right a thingy. It's a real word. Trust me. Anyway, Wednesday my darling husband did not have to go to work until 2:00 so I asked him if he would please put towel holder up so the kids would quit throwing the hand towel in the sink every time they washed their hands. He did and this is the result:
 Is it just me or can anyone else see the problem here? Hmm, anybody? Yes, that bad boy will be getting moved soon. Also, notice the mirror? Yeah, you only have to be about six feet tall to be able to see yourself in it. Which I guess for me is a good thing when I think about how much weight I've put on lately (damn those Hershey's!) so maybe I won't complain about that one. Too much. So for now I guess the powers that be at HGTV can rest easy because it looks like they won't have to worry about juggling their schedule to find us a time slot. Unless they want to add some comedy into the mix in which case we will proudly say "bring it on!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm cracking up at the towel height. Oops. Good luck getting it finished. We have two bathrooms we need to remodel...but I am digging in my heels and ignoring them a while longer.

greygillfish said...

I think I will move all my mirrors up high too. HA! Well anyway, it does look great! Love the white and aqua/blue. Looks so clean and fresh. :)

Did I tell you it took us a year to renovate our master bath? An ENTIRE FREAKIN YEAR!

Search & Win