Monday, March 22, 2010

You'll always be my baby

When I was a kid about a million years ago I remember my mom saying to me, "no matter how old you are, you'll always be my baby." And being the sweet angel I was I snuggled up to her and said, "oh, I love you so much mommy!" okay not really.  I rolled my eyes and muttered something to the effect of "yeah, right".  Now that I have my children I completely get what she was saying.  Yes, they are 4, 6, and 8 now, but they are still my babies.  Lately it has really been hitting me how quickly the years go by when you have children. Yes, I know cliche', but it is true.  I've been trying really hard cherish every last little moment with them.  I've been trying to sneak in little one on one moments with them where we can talk, snuggle, read a book or whatever.  I know that the days are short and  soon they won't want me to spend time with them, they'll turn away when I try to hug or kiss them (especially in public), won't hold my hand, and I'll get the closed bedroom door.  I'm already getting the eye rolls so I know it's just around the corner.  I think that they are enjoying their special time with mom though.  The other day I told Kylie that she'll always be my baby and she looked up and said, "and you'll always be my mommy." 

1 comment:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

So so sweet. I have been thinking, doing and saying all the same things.

Thanks for always giving wonderful encouragement on my projects over at my place!
Londen

Search & Win