Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday musings

1. I love to hear my children laugh.  This morning Sophie was laughing in her sleep.  I love it, it makes me wonder what she was dreaming about. 
2. Husband and I took the the girls skating for the first time yesterday (well technically not for Audrey, she had been to a birthday party once, but this was the first time for all of them).  Afterwards we took them to the Marble Slab for some overpriced ice cream.  Kylie told me it was the best day ever.  
3. I hate wii.  I've never been a fan of video games of any sort, but after hearing so many raves on this thing I told husband (stupid me!) that I thought we should buy one for Christmas this past year.  Naturally being male he jumped on the idea.  I despise that machine so much.  Not only does it look stupid sitting next to my television, but the kids want to play it all the time.  This weekend I took their disks and hid them and told them they needed to either read a book or go play with their toys.  Kylie read a book for a little while and then later I found her and her sisters playing with their groovy girl dolls and American girl dolls that had been gathering dust forever.  Mommy was happy.
4. One of my babies has a birthday this week.  It's always so bittersweet for me when their birthdays roll around.  I love to watch them change and grow, but at the same time want to keep them little forever. 
5. Duke won last night.
6. I might have to go to walmart to buy spray paint today.  I despise that store.  Target, why can't you carry spray paint? 
7. I ordered a new coffee table, two side tables and a console table for my living room.  Super excited, can't wait for them to arrive.
8. Had a phone call from someone at the police department first thing this morning.  Scared the hell out of me.  Something to do with a theft where husband works. 
9.  Just started reading a new book.  It's titled Deeper Than the Dead and is by Tami Hoag.  I don't think I've ever read any of her work before.  I'm enjoying it so far.  It takes place in 1985 and I'm getting a kick out of that.  Ah, the memories.
10. I think I'm going to crawl back in bed and snuggle with Sophie for a few minutes before she decides to wake up.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Search & Win