Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mmm, cookies!

I have been wanting something chocolaty all week, but nothing I looked at in the stores appealed to me.  Then yesterday while I was in Target it struck me.  I needed wanted some cookies.  Not just any cookies, but those pain in the rear cookies that cost a stupid amount of money to make because they have a trillion different ingredients and take forever to prepare because they have so many prep steps to do.  Yes, I am talking about those Neiman Marcus/Mrs. Fields cookies that I'm sure you have all received at some point in time an email about.  I know the story about them is an urban legend, however the cookies are awesome!  I always cut the recipe in half and it still makes a ton of cookies, but they are oh so good!  Like I said, they take forever (at least for me anyway) to make because you have to shred candy bars (harder than it sounds), grind up your oatmeal, send hubby to the store to pick up that one ingredient you left out, and chop the nuts.  So, with my trusty helper Kylie on chocolate shredding detail (he he) I got to work and now my craving has been totally satisfied. 
 
Oh, and what do you think of my new shredder?  Cute, huh?  Several months ago I saw one like it in a catalog and just had to have it.  I forgot where I saw it and hoped to find one in-store somewhere and yesterday I lucked out and found one.  I went shopping at what I call the trinity (TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross) and found one in Marshalls for $5.99! 
 

No comments:

Search & Win