Friday, February 12, 2010

Yippy, snow!

For those of you north of us (which would literally be pretty much everyone) don't laugh and roll your eyes.  There have been rumors all week that we might get snow and the kids have been so excited and hopeful. When we woke up this morning we were all a bit disappointed to see nothing but rain still.  I know many of you have been snowed in for weeks and are sick of it already, but for us this is a big deal.  When I say finally I don't mean the first snow of the season, I mean the first snow in years.  My kids have never even seen snow before.  Well technically Sophie did when we took her to Cincinnati for her surgery, but she was only three months old so she doesn't remember.  The schools were canceled because we are not equipped for cold weather so when it started I bundled the kids up and we went outside to play.  They had a blast! 
 
 
 
We didn't really get very much, definitely not enough for a snowman, but we did get in a few snowballs.

 
The kids had fun throwing snowballs with one of their little friends that lives in the neighborhood.  I think it's safe to say that he won the snowball fight though.
 
You may notice that Audrey isn't in many of the pictures.  She didn't care for the cold (smart girl!) and went inside to wait on us.  Sadly as I'm sitting her writing this the majority of it has already melted.  Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!
 

No comments:

Search & Win